PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A 22-year-old Portland man died at the Paradiso music festival at the Gorge Amphitheater over the weekend.

Beau B. Brooks died Sunday morning at Confluence Health-Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee. The sheriff’s office said early indications suggested the death could be drug or heat-related.

A sheriff’s spokesman said Molly — a more pure form of Ecstasy — is commonly used at these events.

“I’m holding out hope that that didn’t play a part,” his mother, Heather Brooks, told KOIN 6 News. It is not clear if Beau Brooks had taken any drugs.

Dozens of others were hospitalized – including one in critical condition –  and the Brooks family said a lack of water is likely the cause of many problems.

Some 27,500 people attended the sold-out dance music event. The sheriff’s office said 10 people were arrested during the festival, less than half as many as last year.

“Twenty thousand people, limited water, no shelter, 100-plus degrees,” Heather Brooks said.

Her fiance, Paul Nichols, said there were “very extremely large water lines, and they would run out of water before everyone could get some water and it would be some time before they could bring water in again.”

In a statement to KOIN 6 News, Live Nation — which owns the amphitheater — did not address the water issue, or lack thereof.

“Our deepest condolences go out to the family and loved ones of the man who passed away for unknown reasons after attending this weekend’s festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre. After two days of wonderful celebration, it is absolutely heartbreaking to experience a loss of life…”

Heather Brooks agreed: It is heartbreaking.

“We’re heartbroken. We don’t have him here anymore. I just, I can’t believe I’m living this life,” she said.

“This is every parents’ nightmare. It’s hard to even function.”

The Grant County sheriff’s office says it has assigned a detective to investigate. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

– Click Here To Visit Article Source